- Step 1: Check that the radius distance and mailing label type are both correct, then either click on the map or
|use the search box. Alternatively, you can click use the 'Add Shapefile' button to add a zipped shapefile, this will run a report for the owner and resident addresses within the radius distance of the boundaries included in your zipped shapefile. If you add a large or complex shapefile, or select a large radius distance, your browser may display a warning saying that scripts are running for a long time. The browser may timeout for particularly large or complex shapefiles, if his happens you may have to either simplify the boundary or use a desktop GIS (e.g. ArcMap).|
|Address:||400 Van Ness Ave or Mission and Van Ness|
|Parcel:||0787/001 or 0787 001 or 0787-001 or 0787\001 or 0787001|
|Parcel List (comma separated):||3136001, 3136002, 3136018, 3136019 |
|Planning Application Number:||2011.0218 or 2011.0218Q or 2014-000028COA|
- Step 2: Click the tabs to view the property data.
Click     to add a layer to the map.
Click     to remove a layer from the map.
Click "Clear Map" to remove all map layers.
- Radius Enter the radius distance into the box. To search for adjacent properties just type 'adjacent' as the radius
|distance or enter a small number e.g. 5ft.|
- Edit a Mailing List After creating a mailing list you can click the map to add or remove parcels from the mailing list.
|To create an entirely new list either hit the search button or click the 'Clear Map' link then click on the map.|
- Exclude Duplicates A single owner will often own multiple properties in an area. Similarly, a single resident address may be
|associated to many parcels (especially for timeshares). Checking this box will mean that any exported PDF or CSV file will contain a single entry for each owner or resident. If this box is unchecked any export to PDF or CSV will contain one record for each parcel, even if multiple parcels are owned by one person, or one resident address is associated with multiple parcels. To reduce mailing costs it is recommended that you keep this box checked.|
- Owners and Residents Merged This link will download a single CSV file which includes both owners and residents.
|If the 'Exclude Duplicates' box is also checked, this merged CSV will include both owners and residents, and only one record will exist for owner-residents. For mailings, this is the preferred option, rather than sending mail to both the owners list and the residents list, where owner-residents will appear in both lists. To reduce mailing costs it is recommended that you use this option.|
- State law limits the contact information that a government website can display to the public. As a result this site will only function within the City's network, it is not publicly available.
- The accuracy of the mailing lists is limited by the accuracy of the source data: addresses come from the City's Enterprise Addressing System (managed by DBI and DT), owners come from the Assessor-Recorder's Office. While both of these sources are generally of high quality they are unlikely to be perfect. The Enterprise Addressing System can occasionally miss unit addresses within rental apartment buildings - in these instances a base address for the entire building will exist but the units may be missing.
- All data are updated every evening.
You can link to the web site through the following URL: http://sfplanninggis.org/MailingLists
You can also create your own URL to link to which will automate a search. To do this add "?search=" to the URL followed by the text to search for, e.g.:
You can also add a parameter to use a particular radius distance. To do this add "&buffer=" to the URL followed by the buffer distance you wish to use, e.g.:
The City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or usefulness of any information. CCSF provides this information on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the information.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the San Francisco Planning Department's express written consent.
Need More Assistance?
Please contact Mike Wynne (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior GIS Analyst at the San Francisco Planning Department for further support.
- For questions about using this website, technical feedback or suggestions to improve this site please contact Mike Wynne (email@example.com), Senior GIS Analyst and developer of this website at the San Francisco Planning Department.
- For questions related to the Addresses please contact the Department of Technology (Jeff.Johnson@sfgov.org)
- For questions related to the Owners please contact the Assessor's Office 311 page (Assessors Office)
- If you are not sure who to contact then send your question to Mike Wynne (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior GIS Analyst at the San Francisco Planning Department.